At least she is adorable!
Friday, January 8, 2010
Camryn
Yesterday we had puking incident # 2 with Cami, called the dr they wanted to see her in a few hours. As soon as I arrived at day care to get her I knew that would be changing as her feet were blue and her hands too. You might rememeber that we dealt with that before with her and also had the incident where her face turned blue. you can re-read that post here The Call you never want to recieve So off we rushed to the dr office. Once there her feet and hands were back to their adorable pink selves. The dr looked her over, diagnosed her with a stomach bug and then decided it was time to call in the pediatric cardiologist. We have a phone conference with them and I feel so much better now. We know that the issue is not her heart, as her tounge and gums are staying pink with other parts are blue. We know she likely does not have a vascular disease due to the pulses felt in her groin area being very strong. So what is going on with her is that she just hasn't outgrown the newborm poor circulation. being sick can aggravate that too! So as long as it is only hand and feet and they return pink we are good to go. I hope to never have to deal with this again and while I am making a wish list could I please have my good baby back? You know the one who doesn't cry everytime I try to set her down... My back hurts from carrying her non-stop!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Hey. I cannot begin to imagine how scary it must be. Remember when Damian turned blue (RSV when he was a month old)? Man, we have been through some rough times with our kiddos. I love that sweet little Cammi and am very grateful that there is nothing seriously wrong with her. Keep me posted... I love you guys!
I am glad to read the explanation, I can't tell you how anxious I was following your twitters! How bizarre, I had no idea that is how to rule out cardio issues and that babes are born with poor circulation! You taught me something new, awesome! I hope you get your happy baby back soon, but I am even happier that she is healthy! xoxo Jeffra
So glad she's okay and hoping she outgrows these blue episodes soon. Tell her that blue is for Smurfs, not babies! xoxo
The scary moments as a parent never end it seems - hopefully this is the last of her shananigans for awhile!
;)
Glad to hear it's nothing terribly major!
xxoo
Scary moments indeed! Michael was my sicky baby--emergency wards were our friend...so far Willow is not so sickly. That picture is so cuddly--she looks like I could just hug the stuffings out of her!
Goodness Gina! What a tough couple of days for you. I wish I was closer to help out. However, we are on day 3 of a sick baby in our household. BUT...maybe we could just take turns holding each other's baby while we secretly drink to get through it!
Post a Comment