A weekend is my house is normally pretty typical, Friday evening we go out for dinner and run some kind of errands. Saturday brings football in the season or Farmer Market and YMCA, we end up running more errands, and Sundays looks about the same. With the theme being motion, we are always in motion. I long for a weekend just hanging at home, lounging in my pj's playing with the girls, not having to run here or there or get anything accomplished. Well two weekends ago I knew that wouldn't be my fate. I boarded a 6 am flight out of Des Moines and headed to Indiana for a few days.
Traveling by myself was strange, my hands felt so empty, but I knew I had alot to accomplish in a weekend and couldn't bring a companion with me. So what's in Indiana? My step grandmother, Virginia. When I was about 10 years younger I decided to forgo the summer job and instead went to Indiana to help her move to an assisted living center. It was quite a trip, we took pictures of things in her house and wrote down the history of them. Packed her up and made the move. This time around my mom and step dad wanted to orient me with the situation there so I could step in if need be while they are out of the country for a few months next year. So while I was off traveling, having meetings, and visiting, Anthony and the girls stayed home. By stayed home I don't just mean got left behind in Iowa, I mean stayed in the house, never once left it. From 5pm Friday untill I came back on Sunday evening they stayed inside our house and played, relaxed etc.. JEALOUS MUCH, yes yes I am not only did I miss out on a quiet weekend I also missed sweet moments of family time. Oh well maybe I'll put a quite weekend on my Christmas list, Santa is coming soon after all!




No comments:
Post a Comment