Alright mom's and dad's... this blogs for you!
So have you heard of infant potty training? I had hear a rumble or two, I knew it was mostly about communication with your new born and taking them to the potty when you thought they'd have to go ( hum that sounds vaguely familiar to regular potty training) Well I was never interested in that until about a month ago I was getting the girls ready for a bath and Cassie was being her usual pokey little puppy self so I teased her that Cami could potty and get in the tub before her. She of course told me that Camryn cannot go potty so being a bit silly myself I stripped of her diaper and held my then 7 month old over the potty. She smiled the biggest smile and grinned at me, it was so adorable that ever since then I've put her up there before her bath.
Really to elicit the grin not to train her to pee!
Last night though at the ripe old age of 8 months SHE PEED ON THE POTTY!!!!!
I was so amazed I started reading up on this whole infant potty thing I mean heck it would be great to be out of diapers early right :-)
Conclusion... I don't have the time or patience for that kind of work, but I'll plop her up there before every bath to earn myself one of these!
Who can resist that grin?





6 comments:
That's awesome! I've heard of it, but it seemed like a LOT of work.
My thoughts exactly...that's why I am not doing it!
Yeah Cami!!! Maybe you are going to be a baby genius???
That's WAY cool! Lilly was potty trained... completely on her own at the age of 13 months. She HATED diapers and so my little, itty-bitty girl pottied in a toilet and never had a single accident, not even at night. I bet Camryn will be an early one too!
Precious!! I wish mine was still tiny. I love him more everyday, but dang. It goes by so fast!!
xoxo
You're a great mom, Gina.
Derek was a year and 10 months when we were diaper free! About a year before I thought he'd be ready but...he surprised us! You've got nothing to lose by trying! Especially since she has an older sister to imitate!
Post a Comment